Tuesday 16 October 2012

Don't plant weeds in your plowed fields

So, for all my wandering through that post yesterday, I don't think I said what I wanted to say when I started. Thankfully the next chapter of Jeremiah summed it up quite nicely!!

Here’s another Message from God to the people of Judah and Jerusalem: “Plow your unplowed fields, but then don’t plant weeds in the soil! Yes, circumcise your lives for God’s sake. Plow your unplowed hearts Jer 4:3-4

There is an important point here about not trying to seek God, but then ALSO still carrying on with the selfish things that we do. If we try to seek God, but we're still seeking our own pleasure at other's expense then we are divided. Both are required. So not only is it 'Don't just go on your merry way and then run to me when it all goes wrong' but also 'Don't try walking with me and still keep your other gods too'

We have to get rid of those things in our lives that we idolise, or that come from selfishness.

Which is really difficult sometimes. 

Most times...



Pretty much all the time.

God understands. (He knows us quite well in fact)

21-22 The sound of voices comes drifting out of the hills, the unhappy sound of Israel’s crying, Israel lamenting the wasted years, never once giving her God a thought. “Come back, wandering children! I can heal your wanderlust!” 
Jer 3:21-22

No comments:

Post a Comment